Share My Blog!!!

Monday, September 9, 2013

NYFW: Diane von Furstenberg on Getting Serious About Serenity



When asked how many collections she has presented since she first founded her business, Diane von Furstenberglaughed. “Well that’s a good question!” she said backstage at Lincoln Center at her spring 2014 show—what could potentially be her 87th time unveiling new ready-to-wear designs since her first presentation in 1970 at the Gotham Hotel. Has a lot changed since then? Absolutely, she agreed. But one thing has stayed the same. “I still get nervous,” she said. “I was feeling calm all week, and then I couldn’t sleep at all last night.”

It’s that unpredictability in life that is addressed in her latest collection. “It’s such a strange world we live in,” she explained. “I wanted to respond to that by creating something of beauty and serenity, like an oasis.” She is also fighting to create a better place in New York City for the fashion industry as president of the Council of Fashion Designers of America. “It’s really upsetting to me. I’ve been working seriously in giving fashion a place that it deserves," she said. "Fashion week is so important for designers.”


Source Elle.com


.

No comments:

Post a Comment